It feels a bit strange to think that Little Man is already 5 years old. Five years is simultaneously not all that much time and a very long time. So what do you do when your kid turns 5 years old?
- Marvel that you've all made it this far.
- Contemplate the difference between that 7 pound little baby you rarely put down, this big kid that can now touch your shoulders, and all the changes that happened in between.
- Realize that you now know more information about dinosaurs and dragons that you would have ever guessed... or voluntarily learned.
- Laugh at the most unexpectedly profound and/or hilarious things that come out of a 5 year old's mouth - especially when the phrase "when I was a kid" is used.
- Find yourself totally amazed at the new physical abilities and intellectual developments happening in front of your very eyes every day.
- Wonder how it is that this kid makes you feel so. old. and. tired. while also making you feel so young and playful.
- Cherish all the moments of babyhood, toddlerhood, and little-kid-hood that seemed to pass so quickly.
- Look forward to another year of amazing milestones and development.
Happy birthday, Little Man!